Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2011

Coke Bust - Degradation

Coke Bust is a straight edge thrashcore band, and as if that doesn't already sound hardcore as fuck, they're from D.C., central of hardcore history. I had always heard great things about these guys but I never got around to checking them out. This 7" was pretty mind-blowing for me considering I took a really long break from the whole thrashcore/powerviolence thing (I used to drum in a powerviolence band and it got boring), but this sort of restored my faith in it.
This is seriously one intense record. Coke Bust knocks out 6 tracks in just over 5 minutes. As obvious, the songs are fast, short and to the point. They are, however, pretty complicated songs. There's a lot of different time changes and heavier, slower parts. The vocals on this are actually some of the best in this style that I've heard in quite some time. These guys sort of remind me of INFEST. The final track on the EP, "Deathbed", stands out to me the most. It's slower and longer than the rest of the tracks, but it's still extremely intense and worthy of knocking some guy's head off or something fun like that.
Y'know, the only way I can really describe this band is intense. Check it out.
Coke Bust - Degradation - Grave Mistake Records