Blog Archive

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Slobs - Look Busy, Do Nothing

I just caught these guys in Brooklyn the other night with Brain Killer, Germ Attack, Lost Tribe, and a few others. I missed out on a lot of the show because I was figuring out some shit and blah blah blah whatever. Anyways, these guys opened and they fucking killed it. I saw their vocalist had an F.U.'s shirt so that instantly attracted me to the band. Their set was short but they were probably my favorite of the bands I saw that night.
I just downloaded their EP (which I'm going to buy. I'm not a dick, don't worry!) and upon hearing it, decided that I need to get into this band more. Hoooooly shit. This EP has 4 songs, the longest one clocking in at 1 minute and 38 seconds which is always good to see for a hardcore band. Anyways, these songs are killer! They're a real breath of fresh air in today's hardcore scene since we have all of these bands claiming to play 'hardcore' even though it's not and they're just too stupid to come up with their own term for it or whatever.
The first song, "Technophile Society", kicks it off with all the speed and aggression you could ever ask for, followed by even more speed and aggression on the remaining 3 tracks. The third track, "The Slob", stands out among the rest to me. It's a really catchy tune and, since I didn't really know them when I saw them, is the one song I remember most of them playing at that show. The other 2 tracks, "Weapons Free" and "Assembly Line" are great, too, though, the latter being slower than the rest but still intense and energetic.
I guess I'm not all too good when it comes to reviewing this album but I just thought I'd post because it's very worthy of being checked out.
Get into it! Slobs are fucking awesome!
Slobs bandcamp page
Slobs "Look Busy, Do Nothing" - Cowabunga Records